Thursday, June 7, 2012

Strawberries! Salad and Paleo Mason Jar Dressing

Strawberry season is upon us! I bought a flat for $6 the other day, and as I unpacked my groceries I realized I have no idea how 2 of us are going to eat all these. (the answer to that is always share with friends :)  This salad is easy, sweet, and tastes like summer! I call it mason jar dressing because sometimes I forgo the traditional vinaigrette making process and just throw everything in a jar and shake it up.  Makes it easy to store the leftovers in the fridge as well.


Read more for the recipe!


Salad:
Spinach 
Walnuts
Thinly sliced shallots
Sliced strawberries
Fresh cracked pepper
Crumbled bacon

Mason Jar Dressing:
1/2 - 1 cup fresh strawberries
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup champagne vinegar 
1 cup olive oil

In a blender, pulse the strawberries, lemon juice and vinegar until smooth.  Put contents into a glass jar, add olive oil and give it a good shake.  Add salt and pepper to taste

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...