Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Paleo Spicy Pork Tacos

Taco Tuesday is a big deal to Southern Californians, and I bet if you survey any random local they could list a dozen places that have a taco tuesday, and then let you know which is their favorite and why.   Here is a recipe that will allow you to host your very own taco Tuesday at home, and keep you away from those dangerous flour tortillas. 

I'm lucky enough to live close to an awesome Mexican market (shout out to El Toro Bravo) and I buy my spices from them in bags.  If you can't find the ground annato, just add a little more chili powder. 


1 lb ground pork
1 small jalapeno, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small yellow onion, diced
2 tbs olive oil
1/2 bell pepper, diced (I used yellow, but any color will do)
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp dried ground chili pepper
1 tsp dried ground annato pepper
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cayenne
1/2 cup water
2 tsp Tapatio

Butter lettuce leaves
Diced red cabbage

In a large pan heat the oilve oil and add onions, garlic and jalapenos.  Cook until onions are translucent. Add bell peppers and stir, then add pork and brown.  Add tomatoes, water and spices, and simmer for 10-15 minutes until most of the water has reduced.  Stir in Tapatio.  Serve in a butter lettuce leaf and top with some cooling cabbage.  

2 comments:

Casey said...

I'm definitely looking forward to trying this one! Love spicy pork wraps. However, how do you recommend increasing the recipe to serve about 10-12 people? I dont know how much extra spice I'll need. Thanks!

Seaside Kitchen said...

Casey - I'd definitely triple it at the very least. When I cook it's usually enough for dinner for the 2 of us plus leftovers for lunch.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...