Monday, February 14, 2011

Roast Chicken Part 2: Blood Orange Salad

It's been so nice, almost summer like, around here (queue hate mail from my East Coast friends) that I find myself craving summer fare.  This was no different....I had some leftovers from my Mexican Roasted Chicken, so I made a quick salad for dinner.  

In California we're blessed with prolific citrus crops in the winter (vitamin C for flu season) and I love experimenting with all the different species.  Blood oranges have an incredible color and flavor, and really make a statement in this easy salad. 






Fresh spring greens, blood orange sections, avocado, yellow cherry tomatoes, shredded chicken, cilantro - topped off with some fresh cracked pepper, slivered almonds, a drizzle of olive oil and a little blood orange juice. 


1 comment:

Nikki said...

Made your Mexican roast chicken for Valentine's Day. I let me Husband season it and then I laid on the praise ;) It was delicious! We used the leftovers for soup, but there wasn't much left over!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...